Central to the success of OzCar Connect is our commitment to our website users (“You”/"Your"). OzCar Connect Pty Ltd ACN 631 464 278 (“OzCar Connect”/"We"/"Us"/"Our") acknowledges that it is regulated by the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”) in handling Your Personal Information and We have adopted the handling requirements of the Australian Privacy Principles contained in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act. We take our obligations to handle Your Personal Information in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act seriously and recognise and respect the importance of Your privacy.
- Personal Information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not
- and includes "sensitive information" (as defined in section 6(1) the Privacy Act).
- You/Your is a reference to you, the individual whose Personal Information We handle, manage and use.
We generally collect and hold the following kinds of Personal Information relating to clients:
- name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address or other contact details;
- information that we require to identify our clients;
- information about (or relevant to) the services that We may provide or have provided to them, including:
- details in relation to an Advertisement;
- details of relevant Seller(s) and/or Purchaser(s), including enquiries;
- details of a relevant Vehicle;
- records of Our interactions with our clients, including by telephone, email and online; and
- information about enquiries or complaints.
OzCar Connect collects, holds, uses and discloses Personal Information about clients in order to:
- provide, enhance and improve the services provided by it;
- facilitate the sale of Vehicles by Sellers and the purchase of Vehicles by Purchasers;
- maintaining Sellers' and Purchasers contact details; and
- to send clients marketing information about other products and services that We think may be of interest to them.
How we hold Personal Information
We use security procedures and modern technology to protect the Personal Information that We hold. Much of the information We hold is stored electronically on servers owned by a related body corporate and that are located in company premises or in secure data centres located in Australia. Access to and use of this Personal Information within OzCar Connect is appropriately limited to protect it from misuse or unlawful disclosure.
Please be aware, that while OzCar Connect takes measures to safeguard against unauthorised disclosures of Personal Information, no information transmitted over the internet can be guaranteed as secure.
How You can access and seek correction of Your Personal Information
You can contact OzCar Connect to request access to the Personal Information that We hold about You. Generally, We will give You access to your Personal Information. However, there may be exclusions that apply that permit Us to not provide You with access in some circumstances. If access is denied, OzCar Connect will provide You with the reason why unless, having regard to the grounds for refusal, it would be unreasonable for Us to do so. You may make a complaint about a refusal to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
You can also contact OzCar Connect to request that We correct Personal Information that We hold about You. Any request to access or correct information should be made to OzCar Connect's Privacy Officer using the contact details set out below and will be dealt with in accordance with the Privacy Act.
We may use and disclose Your Personal Information to inform You about other products and services We think may be of interest to You, and We may also disclose your Personal Information to OzCar Connect's related bodies corporate, third party affiliates or other partners (together referred to as the “Related Companies") so that they may use and disclose the information to inform You about their products and services, including for direct marketing by OzCar Connect or the Related Companies. We respect Your right to ask OzCar Connect not to use Your information for direct marketing and OzCar Connect and the Related Companies will not send You information about products and services if You so request by contacting OzCar Connect using the contact details set out below.
A 'cookie' is a packet of information placed on a user's computer by a website for record keeping purposes. Cookies are generally used on the OzCar Connect site to:
- manage advertising - We use advertising companies to deliver Our online advertising. When You see one of Our ads on a third party website, cookies are sometimes used to collect information about what pages You visit and the type of software You are using; and
- traffic monitoring - We use tracking companies to gather information about how people are using the OzCar Connect site. This information includes time of visit, pages visited, and some system information about the type of computer You are using. We use this information to enhance the content and services offered on the site.
Dealing with OzCar Connect
If You visit our Website to browse, read or download information, Our system will log these movements. These website logs are not personally identifiable and OzCar Connect makes no attempt to link them with the individuals who browse the site.
Your OzCar Connect Account information is password protected and we recommend You do not divulge Your password to anyone. To further protect Your Personal Information, Your log-in time will automatically expire after a certain period of inactivity.
OzCar Connect cannot guarantee or accept responsibility for the privacy practices or the content of websites to which We provide links.
You acknowledge that OzCar Connect may be required by law to disclose Your Personal Information (e.g. under court orders or statutory notices pursuant to financial services regulations) or may otherwise disclose Your Personal Information to any entity requested by You, and You consent to such disclosure.
If there is a change of control in OzCar Connect or a sale or transfer of the OzCar Connect business, We reserve the right to transfer, to the extent permissible by law, any Personal Information. This Personal Information may be disclosed to a purchaser of the OzCar Connect business, but only in good faith and where the purchaser has agreed to maintain confidentiality in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Addressee: The Privacy Officer
In Writing: OzCar Connect Pty Ltd, 229 Hume Highway, Cabramatta NSW 2166
By Phone: 1300 767 800
By Fax: (02) 97972599
By Email: [email protected]